The term Surface Measurement Systems or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the organisation collecting data and the owner of the website whose registered office is Unit 5 Wharfside Rosemont Road, Alperton, London, HA0 4PE. Our company registration number is 2448058. The term ‘you’ refers to the individuals whom we collect data from or the user/viewer of our website.
Surface Measurement Systems is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Surface Measurement Systems may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. Should we need to make changes, we will inform you of the change that has been made.
If you are viewing this from United States of America, please click here.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
• name and job title
• contact information including business email address or personal email address (if and only supplied by you)
• demographic information such as professional affiliation, business address, post code, business telephone numbers, preferences and interests
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• We may use the information to improve our products and services
• We may periodically send emails about scientific publications, new products and application notes and case studies, scientific events or other information which we think you may find interesting and according to your preference using the email address which you have provided.
• If you are a customer, from time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for customer satisfaction survey purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail.
• We may also use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
• The information is stored in a centralised system in our headquarter in United Kingdom and only authorised personnel has access to it, this is controlled and managed through a CRM system also hosted in United Kingdom.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• whenever you are asked to fill in a form, look for the box that you can click to indicate your preference
• if you have previously agreed to us to use your personal information for communication, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at [email protected] or writing to the postal address provided earlier.
Surface Measurement Systems partner to Channel distributors in many countries around the world. Certain data information may be given to our registered partners to ensure we provide an unparalleled service.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We will not use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties.
You may request details of personal information, which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) by EU. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to [email protected] or Surface Measurement Systems Ltd. Unit 5 Wharfside Rosemont Road, Alperton, London, HA0 4PE, United Kingdom. Please allow us within one (1) month from date of receipt to provide the information.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Cookies and web analytics
Further information concerning the terms and conditions of use and data privacy can be found at the Google Analytics Terms of Service or at the Google Analytics Privacy Overview. Please note that on this website, Google Analytics is supplemented by “gat._anonymizeIp();” to ensure anonymized collection of IP addresses (IP masking).
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information, which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Browsing the websites
• The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
• Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. We recommend that you take further advice or seek further guidance before taking any action based on the information contained on this website.
• Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
• All materials contained in this website are protected by intellectual property rights, including trademarks, copyright, and either belongs to us or is licensed to us to use. Materials include, but are not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance, graphics and documents on the website, as well as other content such as articles, stories, specifications, guidance notes, details of our products, regulatory information, company profiles and other text.
• All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator is acknowledged on the website.
• We do not guarantee that this website will be compatible with all or any hardware and software which you may use. We do not guarantee that this website will be available all the time or at any specific time. We reserve the right to withdraw or modify this website at any time.
• We are only liable to you for losses which you suffer as a result of a breach of these terms and conditions by us. We are not responsible to you for any losses which you may incur which were not a foreseeable consequence of us breaching these terms and conditions, for example if you and we could not have contemplated those losses before or when you access this website. Our liability to you shall not in any circumstances include any business losses that you may incur, including but not limited to lost data, lost profits or business interruption.
• From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
• Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Last updated: 21 May 2018.