DVS and IGC, advanced sorption techniques for
physico-chemical characterisation: The latest applications on porous materials, fuel cells, MOFs and membranes
The workshop covers in-depth Dynamic Vapor Sorption (DVS) technique, from theory to main applications, and iGC-SEA (Inverse Gas Chromatography – Surface Energy Analyser). It is aimed for industry professionals, researchers and PhD students. Attendees will gain better understanding on the uses and benefits of DVS and iGC techniques in characterising materials such as porous materials, catalysis, fuel cells, carbon, zeolite and MOFs.
- DVS and iGC-SEA – advanced sorption techniques for physico-chemical characterization of complex solids
- Capability of the instruments and an overview of applications in various industries
- Some examples and case studies such as moisture sorption properties of materials relating to diffusion and permeability studies; surface energy, surface heterogeneity mapping, and adhesion/cohesion, BET surface areas and water sorption isotherm
- Overview of benefits when coupled with different microscopic and spectroscopic techniques (Raman/IR/video camera)
- Understanding surface energy (SE) and the different experimental techniques in measuring SE
Date: 20 June 2018
Time: 10am – 2pm (BST)
Venue: Lecture Theatre 2 – ACEX 250, Imperial College London, South Kensington
10:00 – 10:15 – Welcome and coffee
10:15 – 11:00 – Inverse gas chromatography: Principles and applications by Dr. Daryl Williams, Imperial College London
11:00 – 11:40 – Guest Speaker: The application of inverse gas chromatography in formulation characterisation by Dr. Michael Davies, Liverpool John Moores University
11:40 – 12:20 – Dynamic vapour sorption (DVS) and its application on MOFs, membranes, porous materials and fuel cells by Dr. Damiano Cattaneo, Surface Measurement Systems
12:20 – 14:00 – Lunch with discussion, analysis support and Q&A
Attendees are encourage to ask questions regarding DVS and iGC techniques as well as problems or issues they are facing on their experiments or projects and our team of expert will help and recommend best solution.
For registration, please fill in the information below or for more information, please email Mrs Nektaria Servi or call 0208 795 9400.