DVS and iGC-SEA Sorption Techniques, the Latest Advancement & Applications on porous materials, fuel cells, membranes and MOFs
The workshop will cover in-depth Dynamic Vapor Sorption (DVS) technique, from theory to common applications, and iGC-SEA (Inverse Gas Chromatography – Surface Energy Analyser), the most advanced scientific instrument in determining surface energy. Both DVS and iGC-SEA are widely used techniques to characterize materials across different stages of product formulation, manufacturing and quality control.
The workshop is aimed for industry professionals, researchers and PhD students. Attendees will gain better understanding on the uses and benefits of DVS and iGC-SEA in porous materials, fuel cells, membranes and MOFs.
- DVS and iGC-SEA – advanced sorption techniques for physico-chemical characterization of complex solids
- Understanding surface energy (SE) and the different experimental techniques in measuring SE
- Works of adhesion and cohesion
- Vapour permeability of porous materials
- Gas capture and vapour separation by microporous materials
- Heat of sorption on organic and inorganic powders
- Measuring water vapor flux across model proton exchange membranes (DVS application)
Date: 01 March 2018 (Due to weather conditions, this workshop will be re-scheduled. For more details, please email Zen Limuco).
Time: 10:30 – 2pm (GMT)
Venue: Room 114, School of Chemical Engineering (Y11 on campus map) – University of Birmingham. Directions and map.
10:30 – 10:45 – Welcome and registrations
10:45 – 11:30 – DVS and it’s applications (Nachal Subramanian, Scientist and Business Development, UK & Benelux)
11:30 – 12:00 – iGC and it’s applications (Dr Damiano Cattaneo, Instrumentation Specialist)
12:00 – 12:45 – Q&A (followed by refreshment and lunch)
Attendees are encourage to ask questions regarding DVS and iGC techniques as well as problems or issues they are facing on their experiments or projects and our team of expert will help and recommend best solution.
Seats are limited and reservations are on the first come first served basis.
To register, please complete the information below: