DVS and IGC, advanced sorption techniques for
The workshop covers in-depth Dynamic Vapor Sorption (DVS) technique, from theory to main applications, and iGC-SEA (Inverse Gas Chromatography – Surface Energy Analyser), the most advanced scientific instrument in determining surface energy. Both DVS and iGC-SEA are widely used techniques to characterize materials across different stages of product formulation, manufacturing and quality control.
The workshop is aimed for industry professionals, researchers and PhD students. Attendees will gain better understanding on the uses and benefits of DVS and iGC techniques.
- DVS and iGC-SEA – advanced sorption techniques for physico-chemical characterization of complex solids
- Capability of the instruments and an overview of applications in various industries
- Some examples and case studies such as moisture sorption properties of materials relating to their drying and shelf life stability; determination of amorphous contents and vapour-induced phase changes (glass transition temperature and critical relative humidity); diffusion and permeability studies; surface energy, surface heterogeneity mapping, and adhesion/cohesion, BET surface areas and water sorption isotherm
- Overview of benefits when coupled with different microscopic and spectroscopic techniques (Raman/IR/video camera)
- Understanding surface energy (SE) and iGC as the most accurate and practical experimental techniques in measuring SE
- Determining the Heat of Sorption on Organic and Inorganic Powders using DVS
- Measuring BET Surface Areas Using Organic Probe Molecules
Date: Thursday, 09th March 2018
Time: 11am – 2pm (CET)
Venue: V1 Campus Drie Eiken, Building Q, University of Antwerp, Universiteitsplein 1, B2.15 2610 Wilrijk, Belgium. See map >
11:00 – 11:15 – Welcome and registrations
11:15 – 11:45 – DVS and it’s applications
11:45 – 12:15 – iGC and it’s applications
12:15 – 13:00 – Q&A (followed by refreshment and lunch)
Attendees are encourage to ask questions regarding DVS and iGC techniques as well as problems or issues they are facing on their experiments or projects and our team of expert will help and recommend best solution.
Seats are limited and reservations are on the first come first served basis.
To register, please complete the information below:
Not available, see other workshops or for more information, please email Mrs Nektaria Servi.